A Garden, Canning, and Preserving Notebook Keeps you Organized
Organization is your best friend.
You'll end up knowing how much to grow and preserve.
Give your family a little self reliance!
Organizing a Garden and Pantry Journal is a great idea for convenience and a wise idea for improved production.
Get a three ring notebook and dividers for the materials included.
At the end of the season it will kind of fun to count up how many jars you've canned. More than canning you'll also track dehydrating and freezing records as well. You might be shocked at how much you'll get done... a little at a time and it really adds up.
Next year you may think you'll remember... but you won't. Put it down on paper and you won't have to rely on memory.
This is the system I've developed for my own family over many seasons. It's is always improving each and every year.
Printables and video explanations get you started and organized.
Here are a few of the lessons and sections included.
- Calendar ideas
- How Much Should I Preserve?
- Quick Reference Sheets
- Canning Records
- Dehydrating and Freezing Records
- Favorite Things - tracking the things that work
- Gardening Section
- Menu Plans - What to do with all... that... food
- Conclusion; To a more organized and fruitful future
- Pantry Journal electronic version
Handy reference sheets.
- Altitude Adjustment Chart
- Water bath Canning - time and head space requirements
- Pressure Canning - time, head space and pressure requirements
- Dehydrating suggestions and time suggestions.
- Measurement conversions
- Tips on how much foods fit into jars
- Recipes for sugar syrups and information on substituting honey for sugar.
5 Easy Steps to figure out how much YOUR family needs.
I've included information on the 5 simple steps I use to figure out how much to preserve for my family. Use my handy fill in the chart worksheet to help you figure out what YOUR family needs.
I'm printing it out right now - I needed this type of planning.
I'm glad to start keeping records - this planning book is priceless for those of us who like to plan.
I downloaded the Pantry Journal and am so pleased!
It can be printed to hard copy, plus saved on the computer for new pages to be print whenever needed.
It will assist in planning the garden, keeping track of what kinds of fruit and vegetables that we plant, the amount we harvest (or buy), the number of jars that we are able to can ... then, for planning for years ahead, we'll be able to look back and see what recipes, the amount (and if too little or too much) ...
There's so much more and I am looking forward to all the help it will provide!!